Jun 27, 2009

The Beginning

I am always very interested in the metagame aspect of gaming, maybe because once I wanted to be a game developer. Warhammer Online is one of the stops on my 10+ years of online gaming experience, and I have a sudden urge to public write about it.

Warhammer Online is an online RPG developed by EA Mythic, using the IP of Game Workshop's Warhammer Fantasy license. So far it is a tale of rises and falls, delivering on some aspects while failing in other. Some like them for the RvR - the fighting between two realms that go from the first level to the endgame, or presenting a beautiful world set in Warhammer lore. Some hate it for its performance issues, bugs and imbalances, in career and in population. But 9 months after release of the game, complete information on certain game aspects are already hard to come by. Warwiki is a good reference for addon makers, while HammerWiki is a update source for most of the mechanics, I feel that maybe there are some gaps, some basic things that I can talk about here, in this blog.

English is not my first language, and I am not well versed in every aspect of the game, but like a lot of bloggers, I feel the need to express myself. And I hope to leave some records on how the game change over the years, or for as long as I have to drive to do so. I don't claim to know the life cycle of a online game, but I hope, when the readers see the posts on this blog, they can catch a glimpse of the evolving of a MMORPG.

Of course, there would be things of a personal interest too. They will be in a separate category, hopefully not to derailment to the point of the blog.

This is my first time in really doing a blog, so all kinds of criticism are welcome. Hopefully something interesting can come out of this.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

I just saw your comment on my blog (thanks by the way). It appears as though you haven't posted here in some time, any plans on picking it back up?

Radishlaw said...

Thanks for the comment Firstto, but as the title of my blog indicate, I am in search of "lost knowledge" from WAR, and due to work and such it may take some time to prepare for anything worthwhile.

Anonymous said...

Just leave a note when you are ready and I'll put you on my blogroll..